Do you have a sound bar from Samsung? If so, we’re sure you can attest to how well it works and how well it works. But if you can’t figure out how to reset your Samsung soundbar without a remote, we have enough information to help you.
Soundbars are made for people who aren’t happy with the standard sound quality of their TV. It really brings your viewing experience to life and lets you enjoy your favorite movies with a more immersive background score.
However, installing a soundbar doesn’t mean it’s been said in stone. Your audio equipment will give you trouble all the time, and sometimes you will have to reset it. We know this is bad news, but if your soundbar won’t connect or can’t pair with your devices easily, you will have to reset it.
If you know how to reset your soundbar, you can save a little bit of money. You won’t have to hire a professional to fix your soundbar, and you’ll be able to use it right away. But let’s look at some other things about Samsung soundbars first.
Things to think about when you reset your Samsung soundbar
People who don’t know much about audio equipment can quickly jump to conclusions when they see something wrong with it. But if you do that, you’ll probably hurt your soundbar even more than you already have.
If your soundbar stops working, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- There is no damage to the hardware. Most problems with pairing have nothing to do with hardware damage. If you think something is wrong with the way your device looks, you’re wrong.
- If your soundbar won’t turn on even after you reset it, it’s likely that both your TV and your soundbar need new software. Every once in a while, software updates are made to tech gadgets. You should make sure to keep them up to date, since that could be one reason why they stopped working.
- If your soundbar still won’t work with your TV, try connecting it to a different TV or another soundbar. This will show if the problem is with the TV or with the soundbar.
- If your smart device doesn’t work with your home entertainment system, you can connect it to the soundbar. This will tell you whether or not the soundbar’s Bluetooth is working.
Why and when you need to reset your soundbar?
Most of the time, you will need to reset the soundbar when it has trouble connecting. Even Bose and Vizio soundbars have trouble pairing with other devices just as often as Samsung soundbars do. For example, if you have the soundbar connected to more than one device at the same time, you might have trouble when you try to connect it to your TV.
When you connect an audio device to more than one configuration device at the same time, the settings get mixed up, making it hard for the soundbar to get out of the mess. In this case, you can store the soundbar in its original format by doing a factory reset. You will also need to make sure that the TV and the soundbar are set up correctly for it to work well.
When their soundbar isn’t working, most people don’t really know what’s wrong. The first thing they think is that something has badly broken the soundbar and that they will have to call Samsung’s customer service. Another thing to remember is that you can’t make a warranty claim for a software glitch.
But trust us, you probably won’t have to wait in line for a long time on a Samsung customer service phone line. You just need to reset your soundbar, and you’re good to go.
How do I reset my Samsung soundbar if I don’t have the remote?
You might think that you can’t reset your Samsung soundbar without a remote, but trust us, there’s nothing to worry about and the process is very easy. There are three ways to reset your soundbar without a remote.
- Press and hold the “Input” and “Bluetooth” buttons for 10 seconds on the soundbar strip. The soundbar will start over when you let go.
- Hold down both the “ON/OFF” and “Bluetooth” buttons for a few seconds. When you let go, your soundbar will start over.
- Hold down the “On/Off” button and the “Volume down” button for 10 seconds. If none of our other ideas work, this will reset the soundbar for sure.
Also, you should know that once your soundbar has been set back to factory defaults, you will have lost all the data you changed. If you want the soundbar to work again, you will have to take this risk. You can change the settings again whenever you want.
You don’t need the remote to set up the Samsung soundbar if you follow this guide. We hope that the information we’ve given you will help you reset your soundbar and get it working again.
If none of the above solutions work, you can always contact Samsung’s customer service for more help. There is a large staff of people who can help you. You may have to wait a while, but you will get an answer, and they can also tell you how to get your soundbar fixed.